Make 2018 the year you meet new friends, inspire others to act for social justice, and use your skills to help our sisters and brothers working to overcome poverty around the globe. Make 2018 the year you volunteer with CAFOD.
A number of our volunteers have recently received awards to mark 5 or more years of service to CAFOD. These volunteers are not alone is giving their time to CAFOD. Taken together, the sum total of all the time given to CAFOD by volunteers totals about 640 years. There is a simple reason why so many people volunteer for CAFOD, and that is that volunteering is rewarding. As award winner John Foley said “the reward is just in helping CAFOD”.
We are especially looking for…
Good organisers to volunteer, part-time over 10 weeks, in our office in Waterloo or Bromley to help coordinate Lent Fast Day. So this is an urgent call. To understand the context come and attend a briefing on Lent Family Fast Day taking place over the coming weeks. Book a briefing now
Confident public speakers who could visit schools or churches to speak about CAFOD’s work.
Good communicators interested in updating our social media or making phone calls on our behalf.
Do you wish something else? Click on the links below to find out more.
- Pray for the work of CAFOD and our world one day each week.
- Make a regular gift to support our work. You can even specifically support our work in emergencies or in your Parish’s Connect2 Community.
- Write (or change) your will this year. Could you consider leaving a gift to CAFOD? We have info on how to do this for free.
- Use our resources in church with Confirmation, Communion or Children’s Liturgy.
- Sign up to receive updates from our blog.
- Campaign with us – raise your voice about issues of injustice.
- Hold an event in your community to raise awareness or funds for CAFOD – Use your talents, passions and your imagination. Do what you enjoy, and do it for CAFOD. Our Family Fast Day is a perfect opportunity to do this.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
- Become an MP Correspondent – help to ensure that the voices of many of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people are heard in the corridors of power
If you have been spurred to action – become a Volunteer with CAFOD and help eliminate poverty now. Jeremiah 29:11 says, ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ Come Lord Jesus, come and let your light shine through us so that through our actions we may be salt for the earth, a light in people’s sight and that we might reach out to you in one another, especially those in need.
Please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8466 9901 to find out more about how you can make a difference.